On June 8th we had Jaxon's baptism. It was one of the hottest days, but it was still so special. Father Lou was able to baptize Jaxon, as he did Luca 2 years ago. Father Lou was supposed to retire in June, but he is staying on until the end of the year. We were so glad that he was able to baptize both our boys while he was with our church. Jax went with the flow of the baptism until he saw the water! Most people thought he somehow knew the water would be poured on his head, therefore he was getting upset. Nope, not our Jax! He wanted to go swimming and was upset he wasn't getting the totally immersion in that cool looking stone pool!

The end of that week was Luca's last day of Pre-K. He has graduated the 3 year old program and will be in the 4's next year. They put on a singing performance and the teacher's did a slide show of the year. It was just precious! Luca was quite the singer in his "star shades"!
Father's Day soon followed and no matter how hard Nick tried he only got home from his flight an hour before the boys went to bed :( So we celebrated the next day. Luca made Nick a car air freshener at school and he also made a little book about his Daddy. I have to say I held my laughter in when he said, "My Daddy is handsome when he is in the shower" - I am sure the teachers got a good laugh out of that one!
We also managed to get in some boating time this month, which is always fun for everyone!
Jax has taken a few steps (still prefers crawling, as it is easier to get his weight around that way) and continues to talk up a storm! He lets Luca get away with NOTHING! If Luca takes something from him, Jax does the "shriek" as we call it (a high pitched yell) and then goes after Luca. He usually manages to sit on Luca and then they both end up in a belly laughing fit :)
Luca had a few weeks off in June and then starts a camp at school for 4 weeks. It is part of his Pre-K program and he has the same teachers for the summer. He has learned so much in school and I know he has really missed his friends the last couple of weeks, so it will be great to get him back and in a routine. He also starts swim lessons today and is very excited to wear his goggles and swim without a vest!
Jax is a character - we have nicknamed him "Dr Doolittle". He has the cutest conversations with the dogs and other animals he sees! They almost seem to understand what he is saying. Our honeymoon period has ended, as I imagined it might. Jax is still a really easy kid, but he now is clinging to Mommy and Daddy with all his might! He is waking at night, just to be sure we are there and then needs a little cuddle before going back down. It could also be the amount of teeth he is cutting - yikes! Luca had cut molars before coming home from Russia, so I did not have the painful experience of this. Jax gets crabby, then a diaper rash follows and then on top of all this he puts everything is in his mouth! Can't wait until this is over.
So that is June in a nutshell! I wish I could find more time to blog, but these two boys keep me hopping. Hopefully I will get a bit of a reprieve once Luca starts camp next week. I included some pictures from the month that I just love -



5 comments:
You are finally back, just before June ended! Love the pictures and how happy the kids look! I see Jaxon has longer hair now, he looks really cute!
Yea and new update!! Sounds like you are just having a fabulous time with your men--two boys is hardwork but so much fun!
Love the last picture of them sleeping together, especially Jaxon's butt in the air!
Life doesn't get much better than that!
Sounds like you had a great June! The way Jaxon is sleeping in that picture is Eli's favorite way to sleep. Both boys are just so adorable!
Love the update & the photos! Your boys are so cute. It sounds like things are going great which is wonderful! Blog when you have a chance - we love following everyone's stories no matter what stage of adoption they're in!
Sounds like June has been busy and fun! Oh those shrieks, I know those too well. Hope all the yucky stuff ends soon for Jaxon. The picture of Jaxon in the highchair is too funny!
Post a Comment