So, this blog was supposed to be about our adoption journey, yet I find myself writing about our daily happenings (not the most exciting, I know!) as we wait and wait and wait for paperwork to be compiled.
So, today we went to the bank and had some papers notarized. Note to self- only notarize documents Tues- Fri when active 3 year old is in school! The notary was very slow, so that did not help either. We left 40 minutes later - Luca had consumed 4 lollipops, raided my purse, and had Nick's credit cards stuffed in his pocket. Yet we had our notarized documents! (minus the one I forgot)
Our SWer also emailed with good news....child abuse clearances are in! She can now complete our home study. While we are talking about home study a big thanks to The Fenerty's, John, and Rosa for being our references - you rock! So Jane (our adored SWer) will have everything notarized and FedExed to us! I managed to fill out a few more pieces of paperwork as Gunner napped and Luca played fireman, so we are getting very close to being paper ready.
For those of you who are learning about Russian adoption through our blog, paper ready means we have compiled all current necessary documents for the Russian gov't (as we well know they could and probably will request more!) These papers are known as our dossier and are apostilled (big gold seal) in Hartford before they are translated into Russian and sent to Moscow where they will be registered at the Ministry of Education. Once we are registered we will get a travel invitation. This adoption is a bit different from Luca's, as we are adopting from the Moscow Region, not Yekaterinburg Region - and things are not standard between regions (much like schools in the same district teach different things - thought my teacher friends would like that analogy!). Anyhow, we will not get a picture or medical on our child - we will get all that info once in Moscow. Right now we are being told that we will get travel dates 3 weeks after our dossier is submitted. Which based on my calculations and taking the US and Russian holidays into consideration this will not be until at least mid January (which is what we had hoped)
Now, for my vent....medical groups and their automated systems! Why can you not talk to someone at the doctor's office?? OK, granted I am not sick, but I need my labs and medical form for the dossier filled out! Nick and I had labs done 3 weeks ago - everything is in except one test. I was even told to call back today and see if it was in yet. After 3 attempts I was about to call it a day (but for those of you who know me well, well you know I wasn't going to let this go). Finally I get a live medical ass't!!! We will call her K. (its nicer than the name I had in mind!). K. seemed bothered that I am calling about this and asks for my phone number - she will look into it and call me back. Tick Tock Tick Tock.. yep, you guessed it - no call from K! So tomorrow, I have to put on my "fake nice face" and drop in to the office and ask to speak to someone in person - preferably not K! Uuuggh - I hate this part -why do they not call back?!
So, thanks for reading my vent - just another day in the life of adoption paperwork.



No comments:
Post a Comment