Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Blessings

It hit me like a ton of bricks tonight - how could I be this lucky, this blessed? I find myself being overly emotional (not uncommon for the pregnant lady!) and so, so grateful lately. I am not sure what has brought it on (pregnancy hormones), but I feel like I need to not only acknowledge my blessings, but do something to help others - not sure what, but I know in time I will realize what it is.

It started on Monday when Nick took Luca for a playdate at the local gym. Luca and Nick were the only "guys", yet my boys ate it all up. I am so thankful that my boys have a Dad who not only takes them on playdates, but enjoys hanging out with the Mommies. I love that Nick is not a typical 9-5 Dad, but instead gets the amazing opportunity to be home in the middle of the week and live in the "trenches".

Then Tuesday our social worker came for Jax's 1 year PP visit and again I realized how blessed I am. I have two of the most amazing little boys who have overcome so much in their short, little lives. They are sweet, loving, smart, curious boys who brighten my every day. They are eagerly and anxiously awaiting their little sister and that just melts my heart. Each morning when Luca leans over, kisses my belly, and says "hi, little sister" I have to do everything not to cry. Jax has now upgraded my name from Mama to Mommy and each time he says it I just want to lean over and kiss him up. So, back to our social worker, Jane...she commented on how we could not have asked for a more complete family and she is 110% right! Not only do I agree with her, but I want to be sure to remember and be thankful for this even when the going gets tough.

Along this topic, I want to be sure to mention that I did not forget that our lives were changed one year ago on January 28th when we met Jaxon. Unfortunately Jax and I have been sick with a sinus/congestion/cough bug and I did not get to post all about that life changing day. I was so nervous that day - mostly because I could not imagine loving someone as much as I love Luca. One look at Jax's face and my heart grew - it was if there had been a special untapped place in my heart for him. I know people say that they did not instantly fall in love with their child, but I did - twice! I so desperately wanted and needed Luca. With Jax, I was more taken back and surprised - it was surreal how I felt like I had known him forever. I swear I'd seen his face and those soulful eyes in my dreams.

And so it goes to say that that little 11 month old we met in Podolsk is now an almost 2 year old with a big heart and an even bigger personality! Our buddha baby is now 35.5 pounds and 37 inches tall - he will outgrow this short family before he is 10! His love for animals in so sweet and endearing (the dogs have another word for it). He enjoys books (just like his Mommy!), cars (like his big brother), and music - this little dude can groove! I am so excited to celebrate his birthday at the end of the month.

So, before I go on and on I will wrap this up. In this ever changing world and economy, I am blessed to have the love of my family and that is enough for me. No amount of material things will ever be more important than the love of my family. So, when I am exhausted and at my wits end I will stop and remember how blessed I am to have this love.

So, if you made it to the end of this post - thanks for reading the emotional ramblings of a 30 week pregnant Mommy! I WILL get those pictures of the boys downloaded and up here tomorrow :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have an amazing story. I think time heals and all that you have been through has made these 3 blessings all that much more special.

Hunter and Michael said...

You are so right, sometimes we have to stop and look at how blessed we have been. How time flies. I cannot believe you have two months to go. How wonderful the boys can have a little sister to look after.

Tiger & Kar said...

Hey there! I love this post! It is so hard to believe it has been a year, isn't it? Wow! Yesterday I went through my blog archives and realized how much has changed for so many families in such a short amount of time.

I can't wait to see pics of the boys. And I can't believe how BIG Jax is! Oh my goodness!! I remember seeign him in his car seat in Moscow in March. Such a precious boy!

Anonymous said...

I love you Blog! Your story makes me so hopeful and helps me with my waiting and waiting...

Anonymous said...

Hi. We have to find a way to get our families together before the little lass arrives and you become crazier than you thought possible! : - P

Marcy

Anonymous said...

We want to see some prego pics quite holding out!

PattiL