Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 16, 2009

What to Do with the Blog?

As the new year began, I realized that it had been ages since I blogged. There just never seems to be enough time in the day to get it done. I hate to give it up totally, as it is a great way to keep friends and family up-to-date on our lives. Add in a little baby on the way, and I am not sure how to integrate it all - especially since this started as a way to follow our journey to Jaxon. So for all you great bloggers out there - any ideas?

As far as an update...the boys are doing fantastic! We had a wonderful Christmas and were lucky enough to have Nick home for a long extended period of time. The boys loved having Daddy around everyday and I got some much needed rest. Winter season is upon us and the boys are enjoying the snow, cold, and sledding - true Russian that they are! I enjoy watching them from inside the sliding glass door :)

Luca continues to be excited about his baby sister on the way. He talks to my belly each day and kisses it - too cute! Jax has gotten the idea and rubs my belly saying "baby". I know her arrival is around the corner, but some days I still wake up completely surprised that I am pregnant.

It dawned on me the other day, that a year ago we were registered in the Moscow Region and booking travel dates to meet Jax. Wow! Where has the time gone? I looked back at pictures from our first trip and it amazes me how much he has changed. He was so quiet, with this big smile that lit up the room. He still has that smile, but quiet he is not! Jax is LOUD..(and yes, I had his hearing checked!), silly, and so good natured. His vocabulary grows by the day and I love hearing this little voice come out of this BIG boy. Yes, he continues to hover at the 98% on the growth charts. He has bypassed Luca in weight and it won't be long until he is also taller. His eating has slowed down, so his size is just a matter of genetics. His love for animals is bordering on an obsession! Thanks goodness the dogs are so tolerant of him. He just squeals with delight and begins yelling, "hi, hi, Cooper, hi hi Gunner" and buries his head in their fur! His two year old birthday is fast approaching and I am looking forward to really celebrating his first birthday with him and watching him grow this upcoming year.

Luca is becoming a little more grown up each day. Having taught kindergarten for 12 years, it amazes me that my little guy will be in K next year. I still see him as this tiny, petite, little boy with these huge blue eyes that totally encompassed him. He has gotten taller and is all LEGS and bones - skinny! The fresh 4's have descended upon us, too. Uuugh! Luckily, he still has that lovable side that makes you forget that he just pushed your buttons. I love his imagination and the way he thinks - totally outside the box. I can't wait to see him with his little sister - he is so in love with babies that I know it will bring me to tears.

I continue to plod along - slower than before :) At 28 weeks it is safe to say that I have "popped" - both in front and in back! Running after the boys all day has me exhausted by days end, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

So, back to the beginning of this post...I welcome all ideas on how to change the blog, incorporate our new arrival, etc. And I promise to update with some new pictures of the boys.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vodka and Caviar and Apple Pie.

Michelle said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear your pregnancy is doing well. No posts had me worried that something was wrong.

My only suggestion is to just keep on blogging if it works for you. We'll keep reading. I do like the new name possibility of Vodka, Caviar and Apple Pie. That’s too cute.

Dede said...

I have the same problem with having time to update our blog. I'm thinking of ending the adoption journey blog and just having a family blog for the new year.

Susan said...

Go with a family blog but don't stop blogging!

Kris said...

I vote for continuing the blog, even if it is just monthly or bi-monthly? Love the name idea!!! too cute.
sometimes when I dont have time to go directly on and write, I will type up notes here and there and just save it and then I copy and paste into the new post.
Hope you choose to continue!!!

Shane & Marie said...

I also agree to make a family blog and I love the first name. Just update it once a month. We will understand. You are soon to be a momma of 3! I can't wait to see some recent pictures of the boys.

Tara said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going well with your pregnancy. I know how hard keeping up w/ two can be. I can only imagine with another on the way. You are in my thoughts! I too have thought about a family blog, but I wonder if I would have time for that......keep us posted on how things are going.... Blessings to you and yours!