Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 14, 2008

Blog Slacker - that's me!

I have been slacking on updating the blog, but with two kiddos, two dogs, and a pilot as a husband, well, I am lucky to shower some days :)

I promise to post more pictures soon, but for now..an update!

I have officially be awarded the "Bad Mommy" award this month! I know I am probably being hard on myself, but I feel incredibly awful. Jaxon went to the doctor and he indeed did have an ear infection. Our pediatrician put him on Amoxil and a decongestant. He began sleeping through the night again - yeh! He was still waking from his nap screaming though. At first I chalked it up to the fact that we were at my parents house and he was probably startled and wondering where he was when he woke. Something told me that I should probably have the doctor check the ear again. So, 5 days later I took him back - poor baby, his eardrum had ruptured. As I was about to cry, our pediatrician (who we love!) quickly assured me that I could not have known this would happen. So, he is on yet another antibiotic for 10 days. Thankfully, the doctor is not concerned about any hearing loss. All of this said, Jaxon has been a trooper! He always has a smile to offer :)

We've been home a little over 3 weeks and his adjustment amazes me. He is interested in other people, but Mommy and Daddy are clearly the two people he prefers. He is fascinated by the dogs and "talks" to them - it is sooo cute! He also thinks Luca is just the coolest! He wants nothing to do with Luca toys unless Luca is playing with them. He tries to imitate everything Luca does - today he wanted a ball because Luca had one. I see these two causing me more gray hairs in the future!

Jaxon also added the word baba (bottle) to his vocabulary this week (I know mama is bound to come soon, right?) He flips out when he sees you with the milk carton in your hand and the bababababa starts, along with whimpering. Luca is also a milk lover - I can't believe the amount of milk we go through in a week. We really need to invest in a cow! Jaxon is a big boy (yes, we hit 26 pounds this past weekend!), yet he is crawling super fast and pulling up. I think the walking may take a while, there is a lot of him to balance! I don't mind (well,my back does!)much, as I love carrying him and snuggling.

Luca is doing OK this week...seems he and I may have a bit of the cold/sinus that Jaxon had and ultimately led to his led to his ear infection. When Luca is not feeling well we all know it! He is a major crab and very clingy. Despite this, he remains hysterical with his "little stories". He recently started telling me that I am beautiful (my heart melted), but it is usually followed by something that he wants...hhmm...like father, like son? Anyhow, the other day he told me I was beautiful and I thanked him and told him how handsome he is. He continued to tell me I was beautiful even when I growl. Growl? When I asked what he meant by growl, he said "You know, when you use your low voice and say Luca Yuri Esposito, very slowly". How do you not laugh at this little man?

Luca is also off on Spring Break this week, so no Pre-K for the week. We are heading to Nana and Pop's tomorrow. Nana and I are taking Luca and his cousin to their first movie at the theatre. Horton Hears a Who...they both love Dr. Seuss, so hopefully it will go well, although Luca seems more excited about the popcorn. Pop and Jaxon will get some quality time.

What else is new? There is substantially more laundry that needs to be done, the house looks very lived in, and someone always needs to eat, poop, or is in need of Mommy's help. I am adjusting to the increased testosterone in the house, but if we ever succeed in growing that money tree I may need to add some estrogen to this household!

Pictures tomorrow...I promise!

5 comments:

Mark and Sinziana said...

Hi Beth,
I glad to hear Jaxon is adjusting well to his family! I am sorry about the ear infection, I know they can be a pain! I think Diego's ears are OK now, but I am taking him to the doctor this Thursday to check the infection is gone. I envy you a bit about Jaxon loving milk! After trying 4 different formulas, today Diego drank 12 oz (in the whole day) of soy milk mixed with juice! And we are super excited about that! Hope to see some pics soon!
Sinziana

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth, I love reading about your life with your 2 boys! When Aiden came home he had an ear infection too and I didn't know it. He didn't pull on his ear like they say he was just more irritable than usual. And once touched his ear. Take care, Anne McKeirnan

Kris said...

Love the updates!!! Can't wait to see more pics!! Glad Jaxon is getting over that ear infection!

Kris said...

Love the updates!!! Can't wait to see more pics!! Glad Jaxon is getting over that ear infection!

the Horvaths said...

Sounds like you are busy, but having such a fun time with the boys. Glad you figured out about the ear infection. It's nice to have him sleep through the night for you, makes your busy days easier, I am sure. Can't wait to see more pictures, your boys are so darling.