Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Life Is Good




All is well with our two Russian Czars - they clearly run this household! Life is so busy now with two, but as the title points out, it is all good! I would not have it any other way - well, perhaps a night of good, uninterrupted sleep :)

The boys are adjusting so well to each other and I find myself having these teary eyed moments. I spend half the day just stopping to enjoy the moment and soak it all in. I am the Mommy of two boys! It is just so amazing how all my dreams came true. I love watching the two of them in the bathtub, and on our playground, and playing together with toys. My absolute favorite is watching them sleep though. They are like two little angels. The other evening we got hit with a bad thunderstorm and everyone ended up in bed with me - including the dog (Nick was away.) The boys finally fell asleep and so did I. When I woke a while later they were both cuddled up with one another - Jaxon had his head on Luca's shoulder and Luca had his arm around Jaxon. I, of course, broke into tears! Many people have told us how lucky these two boys are to have been adopted by Nick and I. Really, it is the other way around - we are sooo lucky to have these two amazing boys to love. They bring us more joy and happiness than we could have ever imagined was possible.

Almost two weeks home and Jaxon is doing well - he has become my "velcro baby" (as Luca did too!). I often get a whimpering cry if I leave the room to put in a load of laundry or get a drink in the kitchen. He wants to be held often and makes great eye contact - loves patty cake and other songs so we have been doing a lot of that for attachement/bonding activities. The baby carrier has been a lifesaver since he is a big boy! He is standing with support and hopefully will take those first steps soon - so my back can have a break! Jaxon giggles at the dogs and Luca can get the best belly laugh from him by just jumping up and down and making silly faces.

A few more weeks and boating season starts. We are all looking forward to it (well except the wearign a bathing suit part) - sunshine, warmer weather, and cruising along the lake. I admit, I am worried about handling both boys on the boat, but Luca has grown up so much from last summer that I am sure he will be a big help. He has already announced that Jaxon can not help drive the boat with Daddy ( that is Luca's job!) and he needs to wear his life vest all the time (we drilled this into Luca last year, so I am glad he remembers that important safety measure). I am hoping Jaxon takes to the water as well as Luca has. He seems to like the bathtub, so I am working on getting him into a Baby and Mom swim class like Luca and I took together.

So, that is about all for this week....I will leave you with some pictures

3 comments:

Kevin T. said...

Hello, I happened to find your blog and just wanted to say, Congratulations!!! Your boys are sooooo adorable! It is so cute how they bonded so quickly! My husband and I are in the process of adopting from Russia, too - We just switched adoption agencies so we do have our work cut out for us. If you would like to follow our journey, too, please email me at townleyt@att.net Warmest wishes! Teresa

Shane & Marie said...

I am so happy that everything is going well. I bet two children is very different than having one, but it seems like Luca is adjusting wonderfully to his new brother. So glad all your dreams came true!

Kris said...

So happy to hear all is going well, they look absolutely happy together--Luca looks like one amazing big brother.
CONGRATS!!!!