I had good intentions of posting pictures the day after I wrote the last blog entry..but as you can see time got away from me again!
It has been almost 6 weeks since we took custody of Jaxon in Moscow. He has changed so much since leaving the baby home in Podolsk! As you all know, we were shocked to find out that our referral was born at 10 pounds! That is one big Russian baby. When we picked him up at 13 months he was a hefty 22 pounds. Six weeks later he is topping off at 27 pounds! I never imagined he would gain 5 pounds in 6 weeks. I fear that he may never walk..that is a whole lot of weight to balance! And then of course, he surprised me by pulling all 27 pounds of himself up to the coffee table at my parents house!
Aside from his weight, he is just amazing - of course, I may be a bit bias :) His adjustment has been sooo easy. I know this is not the norm...afterall, there was Luca! Nevertheless, we are continuing our attachment parenting activities and I am wearing him in the Ergo carrier for a while each day. We have also been using Baby Sign with him and he is consistently using "more", "all done" (we rarely see this one though!), and "bottle" (along with saying baba). Of course, I am still waiting to hear that magic word..Mama :)
The boys seem to be forming their own bond also. Luca is really sweet with Jaxon and kisses him every morning, when he goes off the school, when we pick him up, and at bedtime, too! Jaxon seems to like it and often grabs Luca in a headlock hug. We've been trying to give the boys their "own time" too. Luca and I went on a date to Starbucks the other morning :) Jaxon and I get our "Mommy and Jaxon" time while Luca is at Pre-K. Daddy gets "attacked" by boys and dogs the minute he walks through the door!
I love these two boys soooo much! Time is flying by and I am making a huge effort to stop, smell the flowers, and enjoy every moments with them. I know that I will blink my eyes and they will be school age before I know it. I just want to soak up every moment of "toddlerhood" now.
Spring has sprung here in CT (finally!),so I've added some photos of the boys enjoying the weather!



1 comment:
Hi Becky, You are tagged! I chose you as one of my 3 people to tag. Please post 6 things on your blog that are a little quirky or unusual about yourself, and then tag 3 other people. Have fun!
Post a Comment