I had the most wonderful day, thanks to my boys! Luca was still under the weather (sinus infection and strep throat), but so excited to give me the gift he made at school. The first part was a booklet about me...by the way, he told the teacher I was 21 (go, Luca!). He loves when I cook ribs and shake-n-bake pork :) Too cute. The second part was a little picture frame with a picture of him, Jaxon, and I that the paraprofessional took one morning outside school. I love it! The best part of it all was how excited Luca was about Mother's Day - he called it my special day and told me I was beautiful and special. Watch out girls, he will steal your heart on the first date!
Nick and Luca headed down to the boat to "fiddle" and clean it up - we just got it in the water after a long winter. I had some time to relax and hang with Jax. He is so sweet natured and such a happy boy. In 7 weeks time he has changed so much! We finally have some more hair, but it stands straight up! He is now 28 pounds, yes, 28! I am sure he has gotten taller too, as he is reaching things he couldn't before (time to re-babyproof). He is so vocal and has a pretty good vocabulary under his belt so far, including dada, baba (bottle), hi, all done, up, ball, and more. He is pointing to his nose and ears, too. What cracks me up is his love for our dogs. He will just squeal with delight when he sees them and then he just starts babbling away at top speed..I hope they know what he is saying :)
As, I played with Jaxon, I had time to reflect on how fortunate I am to be the Mommy of these two boys. It was 4 short years ago that the title of "Mommy" was still eluding me. I wondered if I'd ever be a Mom, and the thought was excruciating at times. Fast forward to now, 4 years later, and I am the Mommy to the 2 most perfect boys! They brighten my every day, keep me on my toes, and remind me how fun it is to be a kid. Their smiles and laughter melt my heart. I remember that the hardest part of both adoptions was hearing in court how neither of these boys were wanted by anyone. It broke my heart and made me so sad, but I am sure it was because God intended them for me all along.
So, back to my day...Luca decided a boat ride and lunch at the local lakeside restaurant was in order for his Mommy :) It was a sweet idea and I loved every minute of it, even if it was exactly what Luca wanted to do! So, I will leave you with a few pictures...some of our boat ride that day, others are just recent ones that I love.



2 comments:
How cute how Luca was so into Mother's day. I am sure it made it that much more special. 28 pounds? I can't believe what a big boy Jaxon is. I am sure this was a very special mother's day for you!
Glad to hear you had a nice Mother's Day. The boat ride sounded like great fun. Love the pictures. Your boys are just so precious!
Post a Comment