My grandfather has been cutting hair for more years than I know. At 85 years old he is still amazing. Nick has nicknamed him "Edward Scissorhands", as he can continue cutting hair as children squirm and cry. Luca gave him a run for his money in his young years. Now, Luca is "all grown up" when it comes to getting his hair cut. He hops up in the chair and admires himself when GG Poppie is finished!
So, we decided to let Luca go first, as an example for Jaxon. That did not help at all. Poor Jax! He cried and screamed. I held his hands and whispered to him the whole time. Finally, he found his thumb and calmed down a bit - still not happy. By the end of the haircut, we got a small smile.
It means the world to me that my boys have gotten their first haircuts from my grandfather. I hope they have many more haircuts with GG Poppie to come!





3 comments:
It's so wonderful that your grandfather cut their hair! It makes that 1st haircut even more special.
How awesome that your grandfather gets to cut their hair. By hearing about Luca, you are giving me hope that one day Bryson will no longer scream in that chair.
Diego still hasn't had a formal haircut! I am scared of how he will react to it, so right now I am the one cutting the hair when it goes over his ears! It is just very cool that your grandpa cuts Luca and Jaxon's hair!
Post a Comment