Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Dossier - Check!

Our dossier was apostilled in record time! It arrived in Hartford on Wednesday morning and was in my hands on Friday morning. I can't believe that they got it done so quickly. We will be Fed Exing it to CSS this week and it will be on its way to Moscow. My goal was to get all the paperwork out of the house by Christmas, so I am ahead of myself :)

Now, if only USCIS could get their act together. USCIS is United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. In order to bring a foreign born child into the United States we must file a petition to do so. It requires, yes you guessed it - money and fingerprints, along with a copy of our home study and other miscellaneous papers. We filed in late November and got a letter the other day saying that they could not process our application because we were missing certain documents. One was Nick's birth certificate, which I KNOW I copied and sent. The other was something that was left out of our home study. I do not know what copy they have, but what they want was clearly on the last page - my guess, it was lost/misplaced along with Nick's birth certificate. I will submit them again and hope we get a fingerprinting appointment soon. Funny, though, they certainly did not misplace the check, that was deposited in less than 24 hours! Just a little bump in the road and I can't complain because everything else has been going so smoothly.

So, there we have it - once we know more we will be sure to post, until then happy holiday shopping and gift wrapping!

1 comment:

ana said...

Congratulations on getting your dossier apostilled and sent to CSS before Christmas! Such a wonderful Christmas gift to yourself!

Sorry to hear that USCIS is being difficult. Hope that can be resolved quickly, so you can be on your way to Moscow soon.