This AM, Nick and I ventured to New Rochelle, NY to get our fingerprints taken for our I-600A petition. No traffic, great parking area and then we made it to the door.......
The line wasn't too long, but a few minutes later we realize this is the first of many lines. First you get in, then you fill out paperwork, then you join the "snake line". It was like playing musical chairs. You move from seat to seat until you reach the receptionist. Once you get to the receptionist you get a lot of stamps on your papers and a number. Then you sit more..until your number is called. Fingerprints were easy..all automated now - no ink! Mine were done in record time - apparently I take good prints. As does Nick, so good in fact, that the woman tells him she hopes he doesnt commit any crimes in the near future, as they will have no trouble tracking him down! A few minutes later we are on our way (with some great advice for Nick) - painless! except for the fact that in all my running around getting Luca ready for school, giving instructions to my parents, dodging dogs, etc. I forgot to eat anything and now at 11:30 I am famished!
A few exits later we got to the deli, fed me, and all is well again in the world!



3 comments:
Yay! Another item checked off your to do list! I'm so happy this went well for you guys so now you can relax a bit before the next round of fun begins. Have a very Merry Christmas!
Congrats, now to just get that 171H! We are waiting right now for our letter to arrive regarding our fingerprint appt.
Congratulations on getting the fingerprints done! Yay! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Post a Comment