We are the Esposito's - clearly not your typical Russian last name, but the light of our lives are Russian - Luca Yuri was born in Ekaterinburg, Russia on July 14, 2004, and joined our family on October 25, 2005. Jaxon Artyom was born February 21, 2007 in Balashikha, Russia. He arrived home on March 22, 2008. Completing our family is Cara Juliet, aka Apple Pie. She arrived March 24, 2009 - our miracle baby.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Kinda Bummed
Spoke with C. at the agency today and it looks like we will not be traveling until early February. With all the families that were in Russia the last week or so things got a bit backed up. C. thought our translation should be complete after the Russian holidays and perhaps we will get registered on the 18th or 25th. I was kinda bummed that we will not be traveling in January, but it is probably for the best. I have to still get Luca's new room done and a bunch of other odds and ends need to be completed around the house. If I learned anything with Luca's adoption, it is that I am not in control of the timeline. All it means is that the little guy who is to be our son is just not quite ready for us yet. I have learned to trust that God knows best, afterall he gave us Luca - do I need to say more?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Beth, I think your last lines sums it up completely. I feel bad for this set back for you guys but you WILL get your little one soon. Just keep looking at Luca & remember the little frustrations are so worth it and will soon be forgotten.
I'm so glad you posted today and shared this info. We're about 3 weeks behind you guys, so if you're not traveling until early Feb., that probably will put us at the end of Feb. I'm a little bummed by that. I agree with you though, the timing is totally in God's hands. Maybe after the Russian holiday is over, things will speed up a little!
Beth, I read your comment over on Randy & Susan's blog and it just blew me away...
I had a dream that we were in the CSS office (mind you I have never been there before) and one of the Russian ladies asked me for the new name of our little guy. I froze and couldn't come up with one - so they said "no time left - his name is Dmitry" and I said "no, no, not Dmitry", let's call him Elmo. Yes, Elmo is one of Luca's top picks! As I told Susan, it is up there with Bob the Builder and Justin Timberlake. So, now I have Nick crazed because I want a list of names together before we leave for trip 1.
So, here's the weirdness... Dede & I are also with CSS. We're adopting from the Moscow region and travelled there earlier this month to meet our little boy. His new name will be "Liam Matthew" which makes his initials "LMO." See where this is going?
Dede & I caught it right away, but thought it might take others awhile to key in on it. But even before we had returned home from Moscow, several of our friends at work had already figured ou that those letters sound like "Elmo." So, Liam's unofficial nickname around the office seems to have become "Elmo."
I do think you're wise to already be working on a list of names. We had a short list and "starred" the ones we both liked most. We were waiting to find out what our referral's given name was to see if we could work that in and then everything happens so quickly - our agency rep started pressing us for the name on day 1 so we had to do some very fast thinking that first evening.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading all about your first trip!
Post a Comment