Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 11, 2008

Crib Disaster

OK, so Luca is no Bob the Builder and I am no Wendy - it was a disaster! We had everything in place, directions out, bag of needed screws (amazingly we had them all even after Luca and I took the crib down), etc. What we did not count on was one German Shorthaired Pointer Puppy. We had him in his crate downstairs and he was crying. Error #1 - do not let puppy out of crate because you feel bad. He was our first deterent - running around the bedroom, barking at the crib, or maybe he was barking at Luca who insisted on wearing his "yellow work boots" (I can hear your comment now, Mom!) and was swinging a hammer. Nevertheless, his barking and rambunctious puppy behavior had my head spin.

Error #2 - just becauae he is 3.5 do not think he doesn't know what he is talking about. Luca kept insisting I had the wrong piece in the wrong slot and I kept ignoring him, afterall I had the directions (although they were in French). Lesson learned - Luca has an uncanny ability to be able to take things apart and put them together again, better off listening to him.

I finally gave up, but Luca was reluctant to join me in my defeat. I finally convinced him that "Bob and Wendy" needed extra help and we should call in Bob's father to help out (aka "Daddy"). He bought that line and agreed we should wait until Daddy gets home. Poor thing, little does he know that Daddy's constructing skills are worse than mine!

So, no assembled crib. I did download the instructions in English after Luca went to bed and further obsessed over a court date. So, not a total loss :)

2 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

Beth, I was cracking up reading this entry! Thanks so much for the early morning laugh!

Oh yeah, and good luck with the crib!

the Horvaths said...

Just caught up, read both posts. I can't wait to see the picture of both boys in their matching outfits. Good luck with the crib. At least you kept everything... now it's just a matter of listening to Luca. How can a three year old know more about constructing a crib? Strange, but if he knows, heck let him do it... Sounds like you are having fun and he is getting excited about his brother. Hang in there and praying that you hear about a court date very soon!