Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Waiting -

It has been a week since we left the baby home in Podolsk and said good-bye to our angel, Jaxon. It's been a long week and I admit to missing him terribly. I did a little searching and shopping to keep my mind off of missing him. Luca and I pulled out some clothes bins and rummaged through for Luca's 12-18 month clothing. Luca wore 12-18 months at 18-19 months - Jaxon will be wearing them at 12 months! We pulled out a snowsuit, lots of adorable sweaters, and some of the cutest overalls! Today we bought wooden letters that spell his name, for his wall above the crib. Luca chose 2 pacifers for him also (we will try to get him to use the pacifers instead of his thumb!) - a soccer one and a train one - typical boy choice!

Luca and I have had a good reunion and are spending some quality time together, but he is clearly mad at me. I think it is a combo of things - he is mad that I left him to go to Russia (hence, his acting like a baby) and he is also mad that we did not bring Jaxon home (he expressed that loud and clear!)

I am dying to call C. at our agency and see what she anticipates for a court date, but I am trying to hold out until next week. So until then I will gaze at Jaxon's face a thousand times a day, pray that the paperwork for court is moving along and hope that my little guy will be home for Easter!

4 comments:

ana said...

I can't wait until I know a size and can start the baby clothes shopping! I think my mom is planning to start shopping for baby stuff before we even get back from Moscow! LOL
I hope your paperwork is moving very quickly, so Jaxon can be home as soon as possible. I'll be sure to let you know if we go to Podolsk!

Tiger & Kar said...

Morning Beth! I can't imagine how difficult this next stage of waiting is going to be for you (and me when I finally get there!). C told us that "normally" the court date is 4 weeks after trip 1, so hopefully it won't be any longer than that for you. I hope the time passes quickly for you so that Jaxon can get home!

the Horvaths said...

Beth, We do have your family in our prayers. Find comfort in knowing God is watching over little Jaxon. It's so sweet to hear how excited/frustrated but excited Luca is to be having his little brother come home. Can't wait to see family pictures. Hang in there!

Shane & Marie said...

Beth, I am so glad to hear everything went well on your trip. Too bad we missed each other in Moscow. I bet Luca is excited!