Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 3, 2008

Our Family is Complete!

(well maybe one more, but I figure I will give Nick another 2 years to jump on that ship!)

At 1:55 PM (Moscow time) in the Moscow Regional Courthouse we were declared the parents of Jaxon Artyom Esposito! Our 10 days were not waived (we knew this would be the case), so we will return home for the waiting period and will take custody of Jaxon in two weeks, on March 17th.

Our day began with snow showers as we headed to the courthouse at 10AM. We arrived close to 11AM and Mark and Sinziana were still waiting for their court hearing (which was supposed to begin at 10:30). Things were backed up about an hour and then after Mark and Sinziana were declared the parents of Diego, the judge decided to take her lunch break! So, at 1:10 we entered the courtroom and 45 minutes later the judge announced her decision and entrusted us with the life and upbringing of Jaxon.

When we became parents two and a half years ago, I could not imagine a greater happiness. Today, becoming a Mom for the second time, was as exhilerating and exciting as the first time. We are a family of four and I can not wait to begin our lives with Luca and Jaxon. I am eagerly looking forward to watching the boys form a bond and enjoy life as brothers!

So, tonight we ditched the Italian dinner and went for sushi to celebrate our momentous day. We have a bottle of wine we bought yesterday and plan to open that soon! Tomorrow we are planning to relax, move hotels, and do all our souvenir shopping. The baby home is quarantined with the flu and chicken pox, so we figured a visit was not the wisest decision - although Jaxon is fine and healthy (maybe a little congested) we figured it was best to err on the side of caution.

I am not sure I can put into words the happiness we are feeling right now. We are giddy with excitement and are looking forward to the beginning of our lives as a family of four!

Lots to do when we arrive home and hoping the days pass quickly! We head back to Moscow on March 14th, take custody on the 17th, and fly home on the 22nd!

15 comments:

Shane & Marie said...

CONGRATS BETH! I am so happy for you all. I hope the days pass quickly, so you can get back and pick up Jaxon.

Anonymous said...

Beth and Nick! Steve and I are soooo excited about your new addition! We can't wait to meet Jaxon on our next trip back to CT.

Love you guys!

ktcarey said...

Beth... FINALLY!!! I just love reading your blog and you can tell through your words just how excited you guys are. So unbelievably happy. Jaxon is on lucky little boy. Enjoy that bottle of wine. Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Beth!!! How wonderful to hear of the new addition to your family!!! I am sure it will be very hard to leave again but know you will be together forever so soon. We are strangely following your path and plan to be registered in Moscow region for our #2 shortly. Can't wait to meet both boys (and parents next time you are in Beverly, MA). Congrats again.
Laura K.

Becky and Keith said...

CONGRATS! I just found your blog through Sinziana's (we are with CSS too) and wanted to say CONGRATS!

Tiger & Kar said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy I had a chance to share this journey with you. Reading this post gives me hope that we, too, will soon be celebrating a new addition to our family. I think back to October when you & I met on FRUA and signed with CSS shortly thereafter. Wow...in some ways it seems like so long ago and in others, I can't believe it's happened so quickly. I'm thrilled we will be in Moscow at the same time. I can't wait to meet you!! You have been such a fabulous friend, supporter and encourager. Thank you for everything you've done, for talking me off of my ledge numerous times, and for sharing your journey to Jaxon with all of us. Congrats again!!

Cindy said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! We'll see you in Moscow in two weeks.

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

Congratulation!! This is such a big day. I am so happy things went well.

ana said...

Congratulations!!! This is such joyous news, and we are so thrilled for you!

Anonymous said...

Beth and Nick-- I just read your recent posts today for the first time and what a momentous day to choose. Something must have nudged me to look. I am so happy for you guys! I remember so well the joy you are feeling. Congratulations!!! Love--Anne and Kelly

Tanya and Don said...

Congrats Beth, Nick, Luca and Jaxon on becoming a family of four! Your family has been blessed all the way around. Have a safe trip home and I hope the next two weeks fly by!

the Horvaths said...

Congratulations! What a great day! Thanks for sharing your excitement.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on becoming a family of four! Jaxon is beautiful. As usual your blog has made me teary. I am so very happy for all of you. My thoughts and prayers remain with all of you through this process.
Love, Amber

Peter said...

Congratulations you guys!!!

Beth and Nick, I am very happy for you and your family.

All my best.

Pete Q

Antoine & Lori said...

Just catching up since leaving dial-up Tula.... Congratulations on your second! I know exactly what you mean when you say it is just as exciting as the first time around! Best wishes for you and your boys! Lori and Antoine