Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 14, 2008

Up Early- Can't Sleep -

Well, my inability to sleep has kicked in. I was up at 5AM this morning (boy, is it quiet!) just packing and repacking, finishing laundry, getting Luca's stuff set for the week, etc.

I can not believe we leave for the airport in a few hours. Heck, I can not believe I will have Jaxon in less than 48 hours! Our journey to him has been enjoyable, fast, and so exciting! I feel so blessed and fortunate for all I have. I can remember not long ago when I so desperately wanted to be a Mom and how many obstacles seemed to stand in the way. All the tears, disappointment, and heartache was hard, but I would endure it a thousand times to have these two little boys in my life.

I felt blessed to have Luca, but my heart always longed for another child - someone for Luca to grow up with. Soon Jaxon will join our family and I am feeling so at peace with all I have. For those that suffer infertility, you can understand how having one child is a blessing, and how having two is a often more than we dream of. I want to thank my husband for finding a way to make our dreams of a family come true, my parents for stepping into the role of parent for Luca (3 times!)and dog caretakers, and all our friends and family for their support and encouragement.

Next post - Moscow!

3 comments:

ktcarey said...

I have tears in my eyes reading your blog this morning. I am so excited for you and your family and will be once again addicted to your blog. I will wake up Sunday knowing you have Jaxon in your arms. Have a safe trip!!

ana said...

Have a safe trip back to Moscow. I'm so happy for you that you'll have Jaxon with you forever in just mere hours! It's wonderful!!!

(And can't wait to see pictures too!)

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to see pictures of Jaxon. Also I love your comments about having 1 child is a blessing and having 2 is a dream. This just really touched me! I know exactly how you feel and we can't wait to meet our blessing and have our lives changed forever.