Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Safe and Sound in Moscow

We are here! Our flight was uneventful (yeah!) and actually went by fast, although I still can not seem to sleep on the flight (of course, Nick had no problems sleeping). J. and D. were at the airport to meet us - it was great to see them again! We headed to the hotel - staying at the Marriott Grand this time. Our room wasn't ready yet, so we headed to the concierge lounge for our cappaccino/espresso fix! Nick went down to check on our room and came back to announce that it was ready, but as he put it- it was unfortunately the only available room they had ready this early. I envisioned this small room next to the ice maker and was dreading it before I walked in. Apparently Nick had already been to the room and dropped off our bags, so this joke was on me! We have a gorgeous suite - couches, big bed, huge closet, and a lovely bathroom! I love this room!!! We took naps, showered, and are headed out to grab some dinner.

Tomorrow we are going souvenir shopping with J. in the AM (yes, Luca I will get your hockey shirt!) and then heading to the baby home to see Jaxon. I am so excited to see him that I know I will not sleep at all (I should have gotten that Tylenol PM tha Kerry told me to take!) Not sure what time our court hearing is on Monday, but will update as soon as we know. We plan to find a nice Italian restuarant to have our celebratory dinner on Monday night - we ate at an Italian restaurant after Luca's court hearing, so it seems fitting to do the same. Tuesday we need to move to the Marriott Courtyard for a night and since we will be closer to Red Square we plan to do some walking around and get our picture taking in before we head home on Wednesday. It is a quick trip!

More to come tomorrow....

6 comments:

ana said...

Glad to hear your flight was uneventful. Congratulations on the suite! It's great that you have a comfortable place to stay before court. I know you're ready to see Jaxon and give him a big snuggle!

Shane & Marie said...

So glad to hear you made it there safely. I have such a hard time sleeping on those planes also. I bet it will be so nice to see Jaxon again. Good luck with court!

Susan said...

You have to go to Mama's Pasta for your Italian dinner!!!! It is fantastic food. It is across the street from the American Embassy kind of over by the New Arbat area. Tell your driver to look for the big blue elephant. It is in the basement of a very nice, expensive mall. The restaurant is very nice and they even give you a little stool to put your purse on so it doesn't sit on the ground. Out front of the mall is a giant inflatable blue elephant that is an advertisement for a Thai restuarant inside. You won't regret Mama's!

Tiger & Kar said...

Hey there! I'm so happy to hear you made it safe & sound. Sorry about the suite you have to suffer with!! (not!)

Enjoy your time with Jaxon tomorrow and have a GREAT court date on Monday. I can't wait to read all about it!

Tanya and Don said...

Thinking of you! Another advantage of Moscow region, you get to eat at more than one place! Can't wait to hear Jaxon is an Esposito.

Kris said...

Glad you made it!!! Cant wait to hear Jaxon is officially part of the family!! Enjoy your alone time in Moscow, pretty soon you will be in the same world as me, 2 boys under the age 4-double the dirt, double the bugs, double the mess and double the FUN!!!!