Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

We're Home!

We made it home on Saturday, March 22 at about 5PM. Luca greeted us with his "I'm a Big Brother" shirt on - he was a sight for sore eyes! We brought Jaxon in and Luca's eyes just lit up! He was so excited for his little brother and just wanted to hug and hold him. I held in the tears, but it was definitely a moment that I will cherish forever!

Our flight home was great - Jaxon was a trooper. No tears at all, just some whimpering when the flight attendants started serving food and he did not see his baby food jars! He slept for about 3 hours on the flight, as did Nick and I. Jaxon also feel asleep right before arriving home, but woke and entertained the family for a few hours before crashing! Of course, he was awake and ready to party at 1AM! He is adjusting to the time change and slept until 5AM this morning.

We had a wonderful Easter with our whole family! Everyone was able to meet Jaxon and agrees that he is a happy and easy baby!

Jaxon had his first doctor's appointment yesterday - not so happy about that! He weighs in at a hefty 24 pounds and is 31.5 inches - big boy!

We are looking forward to beginning our lives as a family of four! I hope to upload some pictures later today.

4 comments:

Dede said...

I'm glad you're home safely and I can't wait to see those pictures!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!! I am close to tears with joy for you. It makes me want to do it again!(don't tell Kelly this). Congratulations!! Love, Anne

ana said...

How wonderful to finally have both your boys together! Glad to hear that Jaxon did so well on the flight. That gives me hope for Eli!

Looking forward to seeing more photos! Congrats again on becoming a happy family of 4!

the Horvaths said...

What a glorious time for your family. Everything sounds so wonderful. I fell off my chair when you said how much he weighs, my referral is a 2 1/2 year old and smaller than Jaxon- that puts it in perspective for me a little. I am so happy for Luca, to have a brother, finally and mommy and daddy home. Enjoy every moment, I hope sleep becomes more normal soon!