Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 21, 2008

5 Days...Big Time Denial

Ok, with 5 days left until we leave I am convinced I am in denial. I am no where near as ready for this trip as I was for Luca's adoption trips. Then again, I waited 5 and a half months for Luca's first trip and another 4 and a half for court. This adoption is going to be over before I realize it has started :) Can't complain about that though!

I did sit down with Luca today and he helped me pick out some baby toys to bring over for his brother to play with. He kept a few for himself :) Suitcase is out and so is the carry on. Laundry is in the works. So, I guess I am slowly getting ready.

I can not imagine leaving Luca for a week - I seem to spend my spare time hugging and kissing him and playing with him. Today I did not get off the floor for 2 hours - we were just having to much fun with the Playmobil guys! I think I will be OK as soon as things get busy in Moscow, but its hard to not kiss that face of his a hundred times a day!

Many of you have asked what we know about our new son....answer is NOTHING! This is a blind referral, different than Luca's. We will get some basic info on Monday the 28th and will head to the baby home to meet him. We will bring an International Doctor with us to do a medical and developmental evaluation. If all goes well we will file our petition to adopt.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers! We will certainly update the blog from Moscow.

4 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

Beth - I am so excited for you, Nick, Luca & your new son. I'm sure you're freaking out at how quickly this is going. At the same time though, you get to meet your little one in just a few short days. How great is that?

I'm thrilled that I have been able to share this journey with you and I am so appreciative of your help and encouragement. Thank you!!

I'm going to call C tomorrow and see if it's possible to forward our dossier with you to carry over for us. That is, if you still don't mind!

Enjoy these last few days before leaving and think of how wonderful it will be to meet your son on Monday. You're definitely in our thoughts & prayers! Good luck!!

Karyn & Norm

Beth said...

Thanks Karyn...I am getting excited! I was hoping C. would call today and ask us to carry your dossier - it was probably a holiday for the agency though. We would love to carry your dossier! I've got plenty of room in my carry on :)

ana said...

It's amazing to think you'll be meeting your new son in just a week!

I can't even imagine how overwhelmed I'll be the week before we travel! Sounds like you'll be ready when the time comes.

I'm glad to hear you'll be updating your blog while you're there. We'll definitely keep you in our prayers.

junglemama said...

Wow. your trip is right around the corner! How very exciting!