Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Moscow - Wednesday, January 30th - Fun Day!

We had another FUN day here in Moscow. We headed to the notary this AM, notarized documents that we will file tomorrow at the court. We had given Jennie our passports the evening before so that she could get them to the notary. She said this would speed things along for the AM and it did. We were signed and on our way in 15 minutes.

Our drive out to Podolsk was pretty - it was lightly snowing and the birch trees all had snow glittering on them. We learned some history about the birch trees - lots of Russian poems and stories written about them -

We spent more time with Jaxon today - he had just woken up from his nap when we got there so he was a little groggy. He warmed up quickly when he realized it was lunchtime! I can not even find the words to tell you how big this boy is or how much he eats. The expression "Eat me out of house and home" will soon be my reality.

We taught him patty cake today and he loved it! He also especially liked when Nick would fan him with the baby book we made him. He loved the feeling of the air on his face. Just about 2 o'clock on the dot he rubbed his right eye, put his thumb in his mouth, and wanted to be held. He was tired from all our loving and playing. We took him to his caretaker and she put him in his crib/sleeping room. We were able to see where he sleeps and also where he plays.

We headed back to the city and went to Old Arbat street. We walked along the pedestrian street and decided to get some coffee, as it was cold and snowing. Nick headed for the Starbucks (it just opened in Moscow) and Jennie told him she knew of better coffee. So, we let her take us to a coffee shop and she was right of course! I had a delicious cappucino, Nick had his standard espresso, and we enjoyed some crepes too. Perfect for a cold, snowy day!

We then headed to the CSS office to pick up the packet of papers that we will need to take to the court house tomorrow. We saw Mark/Sinziana and Kathleen/Dan there also. We got to hear about Dan's coffee experience :) We headed out quickly, as traffic gets very bad around 4PM. It was horrible - we did not get far before Jennie told us that we could either sit in the car for 2 hours in traffic or take the Metro and get back to the hotel in 30 minutes. We opted for the Metro! She took us to the station and we were on our way. We stopped at the Revolution Square stop to see the many statues that are carved there. The Metro is beautiful, nothing like our dirty subway system. The tunnels are very deep (they were used as a bomb shelter during WWII) underground and the architecture is beautiful . The walls are all made of marble - it is a beautiful sight to see - for those traveling soon, try and check it out!

Now we are back at the hotel, in the concierge lounge, enjoying our snack and drinks. Nick has of course made friends in the concierge lounge - there are many flight crews here from all over the world. I am getting an eye opening experience of what life is like for Nick while he is on the road. I do not feel bad for him at all! He enjoyes concierge services while I cook shake and bake pork and fend off two dogs. As much as I may be slightly jealous, I wouldn't trade places with him for anything in the world!

Tomorrow is our last day with Jaxon :( Friday we will not get to the baby home as we have to do our medicals at the clinic. I am trying to prepare myself to say good bye to him tomorrow and I do not know how I am going to do it without tears. He has stolen my heart. I will be counting the days until we are back here. I hope everything gets through the court system and we are assigned a court date quickly.

Off to dinner and to talk to my Lovebug on the phone!

5 comments:

ana said...

He just sounds so wonderful. And so healthy too (which is a relief to me, since I'm about to travel, and I have worried about potential health issues.) A good healthy appetite is a good sign, but you're right, you're going to fixing some large meals when he gets older! LOL

Very cool that you got to see the Metro. We've see it on TV, and it just looked amazing.

I know it will be so very hard to leave him. We will be praying that you get a VERY quick court date.

Anonymous said...

I am happy you are getting in some sites and learning more history about Russia. It seems sureal that you are there. I know it will be hard for you both to leave him there, but you know how quickly that time will go. I am sure that Luca will scream when he sees the two of you this weekend and that will help you through the wait. It is nice that you and Nick have enjoyed some husband and wife time there in Russia as well. He doesn't have it so bad on the road does he? LOL

Tiger & Kar said...

I've been wanting to write a comment all day but this is the first chance I've had. I know it will be so difficult for you to leave Jaxon tomorrow... S and C are going to get that court date as soon as possible and Jaxon will be home!

Dede said...

I know it will be tough to say goodbye to Jaxon but you will be back before you know it for court. I hope we get a chance to meet up before you leave. What and where was the coffee shop that was better than Starbucks?

Beth said...

Dede - It is on Old Arbat - the pedestrian street. It is on the same side as Starbucks, but before it. It has a sign that looks like a bowler hat and Nick says it started with a K. Sorry we couldn't be of more help with the directions or name. Hope you find it!