No, it is not travel dates, but still a big leap for me. Those who know me well know that I can be a bit of a control freak when it comes to wanting things to work out my way and in my time - some would even venture to say I am a neurotic Type A personality :) Well, you will be proud of me! I did not freak out about the lost document, that is not to say that my mind did not start reeling with ways to get it done ASAP. As of midnight last night I had the whole thing planned out and it included driving to my parents house and dropping Luca and the dogs off, then another hour drive to Hartford (to the apostille office) and begging for them to apostille while I wait (they do not do this in CT), then back to pick everyone up and another hour drive home. A total of 4 hours driving time and this didn't include traffic and finding a parking spot in Hartford.
This morning, a cup of coffee later, and my head is a bit clearer. I am resigned to letting this snafu ride its course, because maybe, just maybe, we won't need this document to get registered. And if we do, I am OK with it (yes, you read correctly..I AM OK). My CSS friends who are delayed for one paperwork snafu or another have taught me that there is often a reason for a delay. Perhaps my little guy is not off the registry yet. Perhaps I am supposed to travel with a group of my CSS buddies! So, thanks to all of you - I am putting this in God's hands. Instead of driving around like a lunatic with a Registration Agreement document attached to my hip, Luca and I are heading to Toys R Us, The Christmas Tree Shops, and pizza for lunch!



4 comments:
Your plans for the day sound much better than 4 hours driving and hunting for parking spaces!
I would love if we traveled at the same time! Maybe the timing will work out so that some of us will be there together. At the very least, it has been awesome that we've all been able to support each other during these frustrations!
Enjoy your day with Luca!
And not to mention, if we have to wait a little longer before we travel, maybe it will be a little warmer when go! It's so cold there right now!
Funny how you can go through so many emotions in one 24 hour period, isn't it? I am thrilled, absolutely thrilled, that you were able to end your day with such great news from C. (Yeah, I'm commenting on your blog a little backwards today!) The countdown to Friday has begun!
Randy's favorite thing to say to me is "Let it go Louie" since I'm Miss Control Freak myself. I'm glad to hear you let it go and won't be driving around like a mad woman for one piece of paper. :-)
Post a Comment