Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 11, 2008

Learning Patience

This is a lesson that I have yet to master (and probably never will!) So, the news...well, there is no news, just a LOOOONG weekend of waiting ahead of me. Nick called C. around lunch time to see if the dossier was registered Friday. It wasn't registered - but not because of the missing document. Apparently the Moscow coordinator was sick and not able to get to the Ministry to register dossiers. C. thinks that they will allow them to be brought over during the week, if not it will be next Friday. C. still thinks we may travel on 1/26...we just won't get the normal 2 weeks notice. So, we will know more on Monday or Tuesday.

On another note...the missing document. C. made me feel better about that today - she really does not think we need it to get registered. That put me at ease a bit. Afterall, I called the Secretary of State yesterday, told them the document arrived there in the AM, told them the situation, and begged them to give it priority. Of course, I had to leave this all on their voicemail, did not hear back from them, and assumed my begging was useless. WRONG! Lo and behold, I checked Fed Ex tracking this afternoon and that apostilled document is headed to NC and is due to be in C.'s hands by 10:30 Monday morning!

So, wait I will do....let's see, only 60 hours or so before Monday morning...another countdown begins!

2 comments:

ana said...

Patience is the hardest! We're still working on that around here!

Sounds like things are moving right along for you! It's good news that C. doesn't think the registration agreement will delay things. Are you ready to travel on the 26th if your dossier is registered this week?

Wish you could be there on Saturday to have lunch with us!

Tiger & Kar said...

That's GREAT that C. will have the missing document by Monday. Congrats!

As far as patience goes...egads! That's about all I can say. I'm exhausted after my most recent lesson in patience!