We have arrived safely in Moscow with a slightly uneventful flight - there was a call for a doctor on board at one point and then there were my "neighbors" the young, hip, partying Russians! Nick slept through their partying and many Jack Daniels, I on the other hand could not even drown them out with my IPod.
Passport control went fine, luggage made it too! Then we panicked a bit when we had no driver/translator to meet us. Our flight had arrived early, so we decided to just wait a bit. It took a while, but about 45 minutes later Jennie arrived. Dennis, our driver, drove us to the hotel and we left luggage, registered our passports, and decided to get out for a walk. Dennis drove us to Red Square and Jennie gave us a walking history tour. We saw St. Basil's, the Kremlin walls, and the Eternal Flame. It was a beautiful day, sunny, chilly, but refreshing.
We headed back to the hotel, had a lunch/snack in the hotel bar, took a nap, showered and headed out again. We did not get to meet up with Sinziana and Mark,as the Starbucks is a 40 minute walk from our hotel and we were just too tired to trek that today. We did walk around the area near our hotel and found a sushi restuarant. No one spoke English, but like most sushi places they had pictures. They even had free WiFi internet!
We walked around the neighborhood, found a supermarket and a few coffee shops for future use. Once back, we called home and I got to see and talk to my LoveBug. The webcam is great! He was busy sawing (sawing what I do not know!) up in his new bedroom with Pop. He is doing soooo well! No tears, just told Nana he misses us. He is keeping them busy, but they sound like they love it. I feel so much better knowing he is handling this all so well - he really is my big boy now!
Tomorrow morning we meet at 10am to go the the agency office. We will then head out to the Department of Education to get our referral! We are excited and looking forward to meeting this new little Esposito to be. We will fill you all in tomorrow...we should be able to update the blog with the news tomorrow evening (midday back at home).
Thank you all for your well wishes, thoughts, and prayers...we truly appreciate them!
Until tomorrow..Meeting Day!



6 comments:
Hey there!! I'll have you know that I have been stalking your blog ALL DAY waiting to see how the flight went. So happy to hear from you! Now, of course, I'll be doing the same thing tomorrow (but from work) waiting to hear all about the newest Esposito!
The CSS families who are in Russia this week are in our prayers and our entire church congregation's prayers!
Enjoy the rest of your trip and update when you can. I am soooooo excited for you right now!
Karyn & Norm
Nice to hear I'm not the only Esposito blog stalker! ha ha! I'm giddy with excitement for you both. I hope you are resting after a jam-packed first day. I too will be tuning in tomorrow for your updates.
:-) Amy
Just checking in on you guys to see how day one went. I'm glad it went well and I can't wait to hear the news tomorrow!!
Glad you and luggage made it there safely! Hope things go well tomorrow. I'll be stalking your blog too, to hear all about the new little Esposito! We're so excited for you, and you're in our prayers.
Can't wait to hear about your referral and meet up with you this week.
Can't wait to hear how things went today!!!
Post a Comment